30th November 2008

Pregnancy hormones have acted as some kind of inhibiter in my brain. I am convinced I’m super woman. Yesterday I decided to get out the Christmas decorations so I could make sure we don’t need anything else and put them up today with all the kids (don’t complain, it’s the 1st of December tomorrow, its nearly Christmas, get over it). I could tell that asking my husband to go into the shed and get them would be like asking the Pope to dance round a cauldron. So I did it myself.

I got into the shed and moved all the boxes and paint tins and chairs and buggies. I got the 6ft tree and various bags of decorations and hauled them all out, of course they were right at the back. I then sorted out the shed, put things neatly away and created a bit more space.

After I’d got all the decorations in I got them all out onto the table and sorted them out. They are now all ready to be put up. I love Christmas, even though I don’t celebrate the birth of Jesus. We have a lovely family celebration on the 21st of December for the Winter Solstice. I love decorating the house, making and sending cards, wrapping presents, watching old Christmas movies. I don’t understand why anyone, especially anyone with children, would get grumpy about a time that brings so much joy!

So there will be absolutely no bah-humbug-ing round me thank you.

No comments: