15th September 2008

I've hurt my back. Actually I would use a lot stronger language than that but I don't like to swear. I really can't believe how much pain I'm in. I know its because I'm pregnant, I had exactly the same thing at this stage of pregnancy with the one-year-old. The reason is simple. As my uterus grows and expands out of my pelvis, it pushes my wobbly bits forwards. Said wobbly bits and extra weight then put pressure on my back, my back is pulled out of line and the muscles spasm. Lots of pain then follows!
I went to see an osteopath today, who stuck his thumbs in the spasming muscles and wiggled me around a bit. He then cracked my bones. So now I am straight again, but the muscles haven't got the message yet. I'm hoping a good nights sleep will help them catch up.

No comments: