30th October 2008

I’ve been feeling a little lost over the past couple of days. I finished work two weeks ago so I’m now at home full time. I have to admit I’m really enjoying it. The little ones are a real joy to be with. Believe me I never thought I’d say that. The three-year-old has got such a great imagination. When he’s playing and I listen in, his games are full of adventure and excitement – and a lot of fighting and destroying, but then he is a boy!

The one-year-old really is pretty cute. She likes to give things to the dog, figures, puzzle pieces, my phone... every now and again I have to go to his bed and empty it of the favours she’s presented him with. Her favourite game is putting things in pots or boxes. Sit her in front of a pile of bricks and a selection of pots and she’ll be there for hours, or she’ll take the bricks to the dog.

We haven’t done a lot in the last two weeks and I’ve let the three-year-old watch too much telly all the time, but he’s discovered Nick Jr on sky and totally love’s it. It’s getting him interested in different things to Cbeebies, exploring, letters, dancing, having fun. He’s like a little TV sponge!
When I was at home before I had a ridged weekly schedule, with something to do each day. It made me really stressed, but it’s what I needed to do to get myself going. I hated being at home in our tiny flat with bored kids so I never stayed home.

Now that I like our house I’m not sure how to balance things. I need to give the kids things to do, take them places and do fun stuff with them, but I also need time at home to do house work and relax.

Also when I am at home I need to get off my bottom and DO the house work. I spend far too much time procrastinating, looking things up on the internet and sitting on Facebook. And I don’t even know why – it’s pretty boring sometimes! I’m just such an obsessive, once I get into something I then can never find a balance. So how’s best to combat this latest obsession. Stop being stupid and switch of the laptop I think....

No comments: