2nd November 2008

I have several things to say today.

I was rudely awoken this morning by the sound of hammering. I was having a lovely dream too. As I lay there to work out which of my children was the culprit and would get the telling off, I realised it was neither of them. The sound was coming from upstairs. We live in a maisonette, so although it’s a house with stairs, we have a bedsit above us. It is the most ridiculous 1970’s design I’ve ever seen, but there you go.

We recently had someone move in up there and so far they have been lovely and quite, we’ve never seen them and only hear their footsteps in the mornings. But today they decided, at 7.50 am, that it was the perfect time to put something on the wall.

Now I don’t care if you’re the most intellectually challenged, web toed, boss eyed “normal for Norfolk” person in Norwich, you must be able to work out that ten to eight on a Sunday morning is not the time to turn your hand to DIY. I mean, come on people, Use Your Brains! Needless to say the kids woke up straight away and I saw my potential lay-in slip off into the ‘what might have been’. Sigh.

After getting up and making our way downstairs gaily, I walked into the kitchen. Sigh. How is it, that even though my husband cleaned up in the kitchen yesterday afternoon, it still looks as if a family of Rhinos made a three course meal in there? So guess what I’ll be doing all afternoon.

Next is my nose. As a young child I found out I was allergic to most animals with fur. It’s never stopped me owning or having animals in the house (with the exception of rabbits and guinea pigs), my mum is a cat person and we’ve always had cats. As a general rule, as long as I don’t cuddle them too closely or let them sleep on my bed or clothes, everything is fine and we can all live in peace and harmony.

The first kitten my darling husband brought home gave me the sniffles for about a week, then I got used to her and it’s all been fine. Last Monday he bought home another bundle of fur (let’s not go into that!). This one is a boy and I’m not sure if it’s because of this, but he is really getting up my nose. No really, something about him is making me have a really bad reaction. Today I’ve been sneezing all morning, my eyes have been running, as has my nose. It’s like something is sitting up my nostrils with the taps on full. I’ve been forced to take an allergy tablet simply because I can’t see straight! Let’s hope it works or I may be forced to knock up some kind of home-made bubble helmet. Hmm that will be attractive.

Now to evict the Rhinos from the kitchen...

No comments: